2020 has been a tough year for many. Perhaps even yourself.
But guess what, it is the depth of one’s struggles that determines the height of
So if we learn our lessons well in 2020, we will be able to ride the wave in 2021.
Here are my 20 lessons of 2020.
Let me know which one resonates with you the most!
1. Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.
2. Don’t wish for your problems to be smaller. Wish for yourself to be bigger.
3. Obstacles aren’t there to stop you. They are there to test you on how badly you want your goals.
4. Life is like a computer game. If you meet bad guys, you are on the right track.
5. Stop comparing your life with others. You have your own unique story to live out. Enjoy playing the main character of the most epic movie ever. Life.
6. Be your own biggest fan. Other people will follow suit.
7. How much you grow as a person determines how much you grow in your finances, relationships and influence. YOU are the common denominator of your success so make personal development your top priority.
8. Your environment trumps willpower. Hang out with five successful people, you will be the sixth one.
9. There is nothing selfish about looking after yourself first. Only if you are happy, will you then be able to make those around you happy.
10. Your self worth determines your net worth. Not the other way around. See yourself deserving to be rich and the zeroes will add up in your bank account.
11. No matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better. Practice humility.
12. No matter how bad you think your situation is, there is always someone worse. Practice gratitude.
13. Age is never an issue. If you are good enough, you are old enough.
14. If you want a happy life, tie it to progress and purpose; not acquisition and opinions.
15. When someone says it cannot be done, do it TWICE and take pictures.
16. Freedom is not free. It has to be fought.
17. When you have a choice to be right or to be kind, always choose kindness.
18. Have a hobby. Even Winston Churchill has one. He paints. In his biography, he said that he would have had a nervous breakdown during World War 1 if not for painting.
19. Slow down to the speed of life. Do less. Be present. Disconnect from devices. Get into nature. Cultivate your passions.
20. Sometimes in life, all you need is just 20 seconds of insane courage. Literally just 20 seconds of embracing bravery. And I promise you, something good will come out of it.
So there you have it.
20 lessons I have learnt in 2020.
Out of the 20 lessons, which one resonates with you?
Screen shot the lesson.
Share it on social media.
Tag me so I can connect with you!
Your #1 fan,
P.S. Ok now for the good news!
I just launched my podcast three days ago and it has topped the Apple podcast charts (under marketing) for Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines!
I am ranked fourth in Indonesia and third in Hong Kong.
It would mean the world to me if you SUBSCRIBE to my podcast and LISTEN to the episodes.
Details here -> https://www.knownlovedrespected.com/podcast