MEET THE EXPERT: JASON CAMPBELL IG Live Ep 6: How to close more sales without being too salesy
1. Remove the guilt or shame of being a salesperson. Don't associate yourself with the aggressive or unethical salespeople you have experienced. If you think salespeople are all like them, you will hate selling. Identify salespeople whom you are happy to buy from. Make them your benchmark of what a good salesperson should be like.
2. Never takes rejections personally. The prospect is just not ready for the sales yet. Try "Rejection Therapy" (created by Jia Jiang) to build immunity against rejection. Every day, make a request with the intention of getting rejected. Eg. Ask for extra soup. Ask to jump the queue. Ask a person out. It doesn't matter if they reject you. The key is to experience the rejection and get used to it.
3. Some people are afraid of getting a YES as they fear responsibility for the transaction so they will unconsciously sabotage the sale. Watch for this blindspot.
4. If you’re selling a product or service that you know isn’t worth it, you’ll unconsciously hesitate and sabotage yourself too. Make sure you believe in what you selling else you will never be successful as a salesperson.
(IMPT) 5. Selling is nothing more than an energy exchange between conscious beings. When you know what you offer is so much more than what you ask for in return, what balances the equation between the buyers and sellers is having a passion and selling with love ❤️
6. Emotion is the energy in motion.
7. When you know what you’re offering has the possibility of huge impact, you feel compelled & morally obligated to sell & provide your solution.
8. Internal litmus test - imagine after you sell them, show them everything you’ve done to convince them. Your script. Your deck. Your method. Will they feel disgusted or impressed? If disgusted, change the way you sell.
9. Nurture these five loves in selling
Love the impact: what’s the impact for the client, world, yourself (don’t neglect yourself, abundance - role model for others) 🌍
Love the client: seek to understand the client (have conversations, market research, speak their language). Know them better than themselves.
Love the product: Make your product excellent. Discounting comes from a place of unconfident (scarcity, guilt, shame). Charging more. Unafraid of providing value. Add a 0 to the end of your selling price & write down what you need to do to make it worth it
Love the process of selling: Use your tactics with joy & empathy
Love yourself: rediscover your own divinity & true essence. If you don't even love yourself, how can you love the impact, the client, the product and the process?
Watch replay here -> https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFZpI1MH4XM/?igshid=kgqxwabstto4