"ERIC, WHY ARE YOU MOVING FROM FB AND IG TO TELEGRAM? WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT TELEGRAM?"
1. Telegram is becoming a popular choice of communication platform: Just like how TikTok has became popular during COVID19 lockdown, so has Telegram. And since money always follows attention, I knew it was time to build my community on Telegram before my competition does.
2. Telegram subscribers are here not just to connect but to consume information: This is what distinctively sets Telegram apart from WhatsApp. Take me for example. Every day, I will go to @govsg for latest numbers of COVID19 infections. And during meal times I go to @kiasufoodies for discount vouchers (don't judge!) This consumption habit makes subscribers receptive to educators like myself who want to use this channel to teach.
3. Telegram has super high engagement rate: No point having many followers/subscribers if they don't read your content right? So though it is easy to build a following on FB and IG, our engagement rate is only about 1-10%. You got to pay to get more. Email has 30% but here on Telegram, I get about 80% engagement rate! Take my voice note that I sent a few days ago. Out of 1029 subscribers then, 922 heard it. That's 89% engagement!
4. Telegram allows subscribers to share content very easily: So say you really like this note a lot. You can press hold on my note and either forward to all your friends here on Telegram or copy the link and then share on all other social media platforms. If the note is shared within Telegram, they can tap onto my handle (@latestsocialmediahacks) and be brought right away to this channel. This is why your subscribers can grow very quickly provided you give valuable content.
5. Deepen my relationship with my existing followers: Many of my followers are on multiple platforms. So if I am also on multiple platforms, I get to double or even triple my interaction with them. And the more positive interactions I have with them, the deeper my relationships will be with them. This is how LOYALTY is built. So the end goal is to be on ALL platforms because this way, I reach out to 100% of my dream customers!
Having said that, you got to make sure your content respect the 'native language' of each platfo