Hey, you are not alone!
I get it.
Your job can be really stressful.
Sometimes even depressing.
Chasing sales target that resets itself every start of the month.
Dealing with unappreciative customers who threaten to complain about you.
Managing family responsibilities that never seem to end.
If that’s you, take a deep breath.
Help is on its way.
Whenever I feel stressed out, I will do what Haemin Sunim teaches in his book “Love for imperfect things”.
1. Breathe – set a timer for one minute. And just focus on your breath. As your breathing deepens, you will feel a lot calmer and centered.
2. Accept – go back to the source of your stress. But instead of trying to change it, accept what it is. You will notice your mind stop struggling and quieten down.
3. Write – set a timer for three minutes and start writing down anything that comes into your mind. Rather than burdening your mind further, put the heavy burden into words.
4. Talk – Reach out to someone you trust and tell them about your stress or anything at all. It helps you see things more objectively and you will know what you need to do.
5. Walk – Step outside if you can. If you can’t, walk around your environment for five mins. Physical movement releases physical tension (stress) and you will feel a lot better.
If you love these tips, you will love this Thursday’s Clubhouse conversation.
I have invited a fitness coach, a mental health coach and a happiness coach to teach you how to take better care of yourself – physically, mentally and emotionally.
Life isn’t a hundred metre sprint.
Life is a marathon.
Which means if you want to sustain your success, you got to first learn to take care
I like how Haemin Sunim puts it, “When you care for yourself first, the world will also find you worthy of care.”
For your sake, join us this Thursday on Clubhouse at 10pm SG time.
Your #1 fan,
P.S. Love this post? If yes, help me forward it to your friends and colleagues. Better yet, get them to subscribe to my weekly emails here: bit.ly/ericweekly P.P.S. I am also on hosting a room TONIGHT (Tues) at 10pm SG time.