2018 was the year when I become obsessed about social media marketing. I spent hours every day till the wee hours reading, researching, executing. It became obvious to many (perhaps even you) that this obsession of mine bore many fruits.
 Speaking opportunities opened up in Europe, United States and China
 My online following quadrupled and my reach has expanded to as far as Brazil
 My content has reached more than 5 million people and my videos have been watched by over 2 million people last year.
 My name is now mentioned in the same breath with some of the big names in the financial service industry
 Even my social circle expanded and I got to hang out with famous influencers and successful entrepreneurs outside of Asia
And here’s the best part: I feel so much more engaged with my work now because I have a community of raving fans who consume all my content and speak fondly of me to their bosses and colleagues.
I wish your customers and potential customers treat you the same way my fans are treating me, which explains the motivation of this long form post.
You are about to read ten social media marketing distinctions that – when understood and practiced – will help you dominate social media and become highly sought after in 2019. I suggest you read this post twice to get the most out of these distinctions. If you want the FULL version, let me know.
1. Attention is the most important resource in the digital era.
2. Once you establish your brand, sales become easy.
3. If social media is your vehicle to wealth, fame and success then content is your fuel to get there.
4. At the core of great content is genuine care for your followers.
5. Respect the native language of the social media platform.
6. Social media is not a sales channel but a storytelling channel.
7. Commitment to consistency creates the best chance of winning on social.
8. Never measure your self-worth by the likes and follows you get.
9. Focus on the labor of influence, not the fruits of income.
10. The size of your community does not matter as much as the depth of your connections with them
Let me know if you want the full article with the details for each distinction.