Warning: These three chemicals will make you super attractive ⚠️
Being likeable makes your life a lot easier!
Strangers open up to you easily.
They are more receptive to your sales pitches.
They also go out of the way to help you succeed in your career.
This is why Stamford Research Institute concluded that the money you make in your career is determined only 12.5% by your knowledge and 87.5% by your ability to win people over.
It gets even more interesting!
Science has shown that to win a person over, you got to release three chemicals in the person’s brain.
Dopamine – this chemical gets released when you are feeling happy
Oxytocin – this chemical gets released when you are with someone you love
Serotonin – this chemical gets released when you are with in a safe environment
Keep reading for specific actions you can take to release these three chemicals.
Dopamine – happy chemical
1. Compliment the person sincerely
2. Show excitement in meeting the person
3. Engage in topics of interest to the person
Oxytocin (love chemical)
1. Mirror the person’s body language
(speed, tone, energy or body language)
2. Establish common ground
(similar passion, similar struggle, similar value, similar aspiration)
3. Speak their language of love
(words of affirmation, physical touch, acts of service, meaningful gifts, quality time)
Serotonin (calming chemical)
1. Reveal things about yourself that signals to the person that “I trust you enough to tell you this” (fears, worries, weaknesses)
2. Take a genuine interest in the person. Listen attentively with zero judgment.
3. Show empathy by acknowledging their emotions (e.g. ”I am sorry you felt this way” or “Wow, you must be really happy to receive this award”)
As with any skill, it takes practice.
Suggestion: Pick one action (out of the nine) to take every day.
And watch how you become more attractive to your friends, customers and bosses.
Your #1 fan,
P.S. Love this week’s email?
If yes, help me forward this email to your friends and colleagues.
Better yet, get them to subscribe to my weekly emails here: